Child Custody Lawyer – Summerville, SC
Handling custody, visitation, and more.
Your child’s future is at stake, you just want the best for them.
Whether you’re facing divorce or already divorced, if children are involved it’s without question a top concern.
Afterall, your child’s future is at stake and you want to ensure the best possible life for them now and in the future.
And while this may be a very difficult time in your life, a lawyer who practices child custody law can bring you clarity and peace of mind.
But first, you may be asking yourself questions like …
- Who will get primary custody?
- How does visitation work?
- Who has the right to make legal decisions?
- Who has the right to make medical decisions?
… and so much more.
The most important thing to remember is that you care about your child. You just want him or her to have the best life possible. Let me help you reach to that goal.
Why You Need a Lawyer Who Practices Family Law
If you are wondering why you even need an attorney to handle your child custody case, know this — family law is complex and learned over a period of time. That’s why it is said that it’s called the practice law.
Much of child custody law in South Carolina is written in the Statutes, but some has been created by past cases. These past cases set forth a standard that judges will use in future cases dealing with the same issue; this is called “case law.” The judge will use both of these, along with the details of your case to render a decision.
A Lawyer Who Handles Child Custody Will:
- Listen to your concerns and explain the legal remedies available,
- Break down the law into terms that are easily understandable,
- Help you determine an end goal and work towards it,
- Clearly explain the process so you don’t feel overwhelmed, and
- Represent you in court and fight for your parental rights.
People Turn To Me When …
There are so many different reasons to seek the help of a custody attorney other than when going through a divorce. Every case has its own set of facts and circumstances. Every client has their own end goal in mind.
Here are a few examples of why people may turn to me:
- They have been offered a job which would require relocating the children.
- Their spouse now has much more income than when their original custody order was established.
- They want to get remarried and are concerned how it would affect custody.
- They are concerned with the other parent’s new spouse or significant other being around the children.
“I highly recommend Attorney Mandy Kimmons for legal representation. I was very pleased with her knowledge about family law and her sincere guidance in my case. I have worked with 2 other attorneys in the past and wish I could have connected with Mandy much sooner. She exemplifies professionalism and her prompt responses have been much appreciated!!”
— Thank You, Robert DuBois 3/2/2018
What should you do next?
For some people, the hardest part is knowing where to start. With so many family law attorneys out there how do you know who’s the right fit for you given your situation?
I encourage you to check out my testimonials, read my Google reviews and then decide if you think we should take the next steps.
If you are ready to take the next step, please call 843-970-2929 or click here to send me an email.
Questions? Speak with Jennilee.
She's ready to help.